Link building is a crucial aspect of SEO. It helps your pages rank by improving your website’s search engine visibility. Posting great content alone isn’t enough. Yes, it’s good to write an engaging and informative article for your audience. Still, by ensuring your piece reaches your audience, you are maximizing the impact and value of your efforts. So to do this, you have to let Google find your post by including links from other websites.
The more links, the better. But beware, the quality of links does matter! In this link building guide, we will discuss more on what link building is, the standard link-building methods and how you can choose the best link building method.
What Is Link Building
Link building is a process of acquiring hyperlinks from other websites to your own. It is among the most effective ways to rank higher in search engines. According to Google’s Andre Lipattsev in a Q&A session, backlink is an important ranking factor. It is one of the primary ways that search engine algorithms determine the relevance of a web page, which makes sense when you think about it. If a page gets a lot of high-quality backlinks, it indicates that the content in there is valuable. Therefore, search engines will consider it an engaging and popular page, and it will get ranked.
Note: Both internal and external linking are essential because they provide more visibility for your website.
Link Building Strategies That Work.
According to Clearscope and Siege Media, businesses that accurately incorporate link building with their content marketing strategy have a 45% higher success rate than those that don’t.
Backlinks bring authority to your website and make it easier for search engines to rank. However, when building backlinks, you should focus on quality, not quantity. To achieve this, you’ll need an effective link building strategy to find the right backlink prospect.
To get started, here are some link building strategies you can start using today.
- Outreach: This method involves contacting the potential website and asking them to link to your site.
- Use social media: Building an online presence on social media is a great way to get more backlinks. An online presence for your website will grow your audience size and page views which can even lead to new backlinks over time.
- Perform broken link building: Broken link building, also known as BLB, is a strategy that helps you get backlink opportunities by finding broken links on a specific website and suggesting your post link as an alternative.
- Analyze your competitor’s backlink: This process involves spying on your competitor’s website by examining their backlinks. Knowing their backlink types will make you understand what content your audience most links to and enjoys.
- Paid promotion for linkable assets: linkable assets are pieces of content that attract backlinks naturally (not necessarily an article).
- Free tools
- Original data and research studies
- In-depth guides
Link building best practices
When it comes to link-building strategies, there are many options you can choose from, but there isn’t a one size fits all solution. You have to try and see what works best for you.
You can follow this link building best practices to ensure you get the most out of your efforts.
- Create content that solves people’s problems which will most likely make them want to share it
- Please get to know your audience to create content that resonates with them.
- Get in touch with websites in your niche and ask for an exchange of links.
- Start building your online presence on social media and forums to bring more eyes to your page.
- Analyze your competitor’s website and understand what they are doing well.
- You can start finding websites that will link to you by using link building tools
Your goals, brand authority, and time constraints must all be considered in order to be successful in this aspect of SEO and content marketing.